Truly Creative is an award-winning branding and packaging design firm specializing in food & beverage and health & wellness industries. We are in search of a junior designer for a full-time, on-site position at our office in Petaluma, CA. We offer a highly collaborative, small-studio atmosphere that is immersed in a bright, cheerful, and natural setting. We are only a few steps away from Shollenberger Park wetlands – a popular haven for birders and nature lovers.
- Collaborate with fellow designers and the Creative Director on brand identity and package design projects. You will be involved in all stages of the design process from conceptualization through production art.
- Contribute to Truly Creative’s in-house marketing projects and goals
- Attend client meetings to gain valuable insights into project objectives and design feedback, in order to evaluate and articulate design strategy, intention, and decisions
- Demonstrate strong communication and presentation skills to lead in internal design reviews and client presentations
- Effectively partner with and direct photographers, programmers, illustrators, printers and outside vendors to produce creative projects
- Must be proficient in Illustrator and Photoshop
- Experience in packaging design with the ability to develop a range of creative solutions that relate back to the brand positioning, design strategy, and creative brief
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability work in a highly collaborative setting
- Self-motivated, flexible, and not above taking your own garbage out
- Strives for consistency, close attention to detail, and proofs their work before delivering
- The ability to work with remote teams and virtual conferencing tools
- Must be able to work on-site at our office in Petaluma, CA
The Ideal Candidate Would Have:
- A minimum of 2 years relevant industry design experience, ideally in food & beverage packaging
- Experience with deadlines and general understanding of basic packaging regulations
- Experience in digital marketing and social media for CPG companies would be an excellent bonus
- Strong writing and speaking capabilities
- A passion for design and the drive to learn new techniques and improve on existing skills
- The desire to exceed expectations and make every project excellent, regardless of size or scope
- A positive attitude even when under pressure or when being asked to change direction when required for the greater good of the team or client
Resumes Can Be Sent To:
- email@example.com with “Junior Designer” in the subject line.