Truly Creative is an award-winning branding and packaging design firm specializing in food & beverage and health & wellness industries. We are looking for someone to take on a leadership role as a full-time senior designer, on-site at our office in Petaluma, CA. We offer a highly collaborative, small-studio atmosphere that is immersed in a bright and natural setting just steps away from Shollenberger Park wetlands – a popular haven for birders and nature lovers.
- Lead, mentor and collaborate with fellow designers and the Creative Director on brand identity and package design projects. You will be involved in all stages of the design process from conceptualization through mechanical art.
- Contribute to Truly Creative’s in-house marketing projects and goals
- Attend client meetings to gain valuable insights into project objectives and design feedback, in order to evaluate and articulate design strategy, intention, and decisions
- Demonstrate strong communication and presentation skills to lead in internal design reviews and client presentations
- Effectively partner with and direct photographers, programmers, illustrators, printers and outside vendors to produce creative projects
- Must be able to work on-site at our office in Petaluma, CA
- A minimum of 5 years relevant industry design experience in food & beverage packaging
- Must be excellent in Illustrator and Photoshop
- Extensive experience in packaging design with the ability to develop a range of creative solutions that relate back to the brand positioning, design strategy, and creative brief
- Experience in brand strategy and positioning for CPG companies
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a highly collaborative setting, inspiring and motivating our design team
- Self-motivated, flexible, and not above taking your own garbage out
- Strives for consistency, close attention to detail, and proofs their work before delivering
- The ability to work with remote teams and virtual conferencing tools
The Ideal Candidate Would Have:
- Knowledge of food and beverage packaging regulations
- A passion for design and the drive to learn new techniques and improve on existing skills
- The desire to exceed expectations and make every project excellent, regardless of size or scope
- A positive attitude even when under pressure or when being asked to change direction when required for the greater good of the team or client
- Experience in digital marketing for CPG companies would be a bonus, although not mandatory
- Experience with various methods of consumer research would b a bonus, although not mandatory
Resumes Can Be Sent To:
- email@example.com with “Senior Designer” in the subject line.